Whether sipping a moscato after dinner or pairing their favorite red or white wine with their favorite meal, Americans love wine. More than 900 million gallons are consumed by Americans in a given year and the number continues to increase.
It’s easy to see why Americans love wine. Aside from tasting delicious, white has many health benefits including:
- Lowers your cholesterol
- Promoting your heart health
- Helping to control your blood sugar
- Giving your brain a boost
- Fighting colds
- Helping fight cancer
- Helping you lose weight
If you’re a wine lover, did you know it’s incredibly easy to buy wine online? These days, we buy everything online whether it’s clothes, groceries, books, electronics or even prescription drugs. Believe it or not, there are many sites that also sell wine and rest assured you can find plenty of wine deals online.
Chances are you might be used to visiting your local grocery store and picking up your favorite type of wine. But there are many benefits to buying wine online. If you’re going to do that, these tips will point you in the right direction:
- Make sure you can get it: Every state has different rules when it comes to alcohol. Most states will allow interstate shipments, but not from other states. If you’re shopping for wine deals online, you can definitely help yourself out by checking out the rules regarding wine shipments.
- Make sure someone is home: if you’re ordering wine online, make sure someone is home to sign for your shipment when it arrives. Let’s be honest, you probably shouldn’t have shipments sent to the place you work at and your neighbor can’t sign for you.
- Shop around: If you’re a wine drinker that’s not really into vintages or anything like that, many places offer plenty of great wine deals online. If you know which brands or flavors you like, you can shop around sites like CaseMates.com or wine clubs like NakedWines to find wine deals online. Regardless of what you buy, beware of shipping costs though. Wine clubs and discount wine sites can offer you some great deals at great prices, but they might charge a bit for shipping, so keep an eye out.
- Be observant: If you’re a true wine connoisseur, sites such as Wine-Searcher allow you to search through online sellers to find the lowest prices on your favorite vintages. While buying online is great, if you’re a wine enthusiast who’s looking for something very specific, you might be better offer visiting a vineyard and trying to find what you’re after that way. There are more than 7,700 wineries across the United States, so you’ve got plenty of options available.
- Do research: If you’re shopping for wine online and you’re a bit of a novice, take some time to do some research before buying anything. Wine clubs are great for some folks because you get a variety of wines at an affordable price. If you’re more particular about your wine or tend to stick to one or two tried-and-true types, wine clubs may not be for you. The club picks the wine, so you never know what you’re getting ahead of time and you may not know where it’s coming from.
Whether you’re looking at wine clubs or traditional sites such as Wine.com, do some research before clicking the buy option. Ultimately, you want to get exactly what you paid for and you want to know exactly what you paid for.
Buying wine online can be a fun way to switch things up if you’re a wine enthusiast or it can be a great way to get your favorite types of wine through online wine sales. By taking time to do a little search and by being observant on online wine shops and while buying from online wine sellers, you can make buying wine fun and a heck of a lot easier.