It may only be the first of March, but you are already thinking about the summer and spending some time on the beach. The fact that your family is planning a big trip this summer means that you want to look good, as well as feel good. With two weeks scheduled in Greece, you know that your days will alternate between long afternoons relaxing at the beach and even longer mornings touring and hiking. In an effort to be in the best shape, you are trying to get more exercise, as well as do a better job of eating more healthy.
Fortunately, you are a big fan of several peanut snack ideas that are easy to prepare and high in protein. Although you do pretty well eating a healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinner, you have often fallen victim to some pretty unhealthy snacks in the middle of the afternoon and late at night. You are hoping that with new recipes for peanut snack ideas and more careful attention to getting more exercise you will both look and feel good by the time the family heads to Greece.
Various Peanut Products Provide a Great Deal of Protein
You likely know that real peanut butter and other kinds of peanut products offer high amounts of protein and lots of energy. From children who are coming home from school starving to adults looking for a fast and easy way to get extra protein throughout the day, many peanut recipes are often a great answer.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many benefits of peanut butter and various other peanut products:
- More than 98% of U.S. children can safely enjoy peanuts and peanut-containing foods, according to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
- 94% of American homes have at least one jar of peanut butter in the pantry at their house.
- Peanut oil can be stored for six months to one year if it is stored in a tightly capped bottle away from heat and light.
- For peanut butter to be labeled as such, it has to contain at least 90% peanuts, according to FDA regulations.
- Peanut butter was first introduced to the general public at the St. Louis World?s Fair in the year 1904.
- On average, Americans eat more than six pounds of peanut products every year.
Whether you are getting ready for a family vacation to the beach or you are looking for a way to have more energy to keep up with your toddlers, the answer may be as simple as grabbing a handful of peanuts on the way out the door. Finding a wide variety of peanut snack ideas can help you eat healthy and stay energized.