The family dining table not only functions as a place where everyone gathers for meals, but as a centerpiece, and focal point of the dining room. Not just any table will do, and you want to get the best bang for your buck. When it comes to style and longevity, reclaimed wood table tops come out on top.
What Makes Reclaimed Wood Table Tops Superior
- Eco Friendly Reclaimed wood table tops, reclaimed wood chairs, paneling, or even flooring, has the benefit of being harvested from old defunct buildings and barns. Think of it as a form of recycling! No additionally trees need to be cut down for the construction of any reclaimed wood furniture pieces. If you are particularly aware of eco-friendly matters, this may be a big draw for you.
- Durability Reclaimed wood has the added benefit of being extraordinarily durable. You may be thinking, “How is wood harvested from old buildings durable?” Well, that is because it is old growth wood, meaning it comes from trees that were allowed to mature for hundreds of years before being cut down. This additional growth time gives the wood a durability that cannot be found today in new wood constructions.
- Old Growth Wood To elaborate on what I mentioned above, a lot of older building used old growth wood, because there were no laws protecting the cutting of old trees. However, today forests that contain these old trees are protected by law, meaning this material can only be found by using reclaimed materials. The reason new wood isn’t as durable is because it hasn’t had the time to mature. Due to demand for wooden products, trees designated for this purpose are cut down in shorter time intervals. The differences can even be seen in reclaimed wood flooring versus new wood options; reclaimed wood beams are wider, while new wood beams are skinnier due to being younger!
- Style If you are a fan of rustic furniture, nothing can replicate that aesthetic better than reclaimed wood. Depending on your style and theme of your home a rustic table top can bring a unique and authentic flare to your dining room.
- One of a Kind Reclaimed wood table tops come with history and personality. Their unique look is unable to be truly replicated in new constructions. When you invest in reclaimed wood furniture you are getting a piece that is one of a kind, and completely unique to your home.
Reclaimed wood is something that you can take pride in when you utilize it in your home. It can be a centerpiece, and an eye catching conversation piece for any guests you have over. You can even pass the pieces on as family heirlooms, seeing as they are not only beautiful, but will stand the test of time.
If you are looking for a one of a kind dining table, consider a reclaimed wood table top. You can even have tables custom made to suit your needs and your style. Take some time to research craftsman in your area, and see what possibilities you can benefit from with this amazing material.