- BFO ANIMAL CARE VALUES STATEMENTAnimal welfare is of the utmost importance to Beef Farmers of Ontario (BFO) and its members. When concerns involving animal care are identified in Ontario’s beef sector, BFO acknowledges its responsibility to consider and offer its perspective to members, the broader agriculture industry and the general public. BFO is respectful of the leadership roles of […]
- Study IDs Organic Alternative for Fighting Cattle-Pestering FliesPOCKET SCIENCE: EXPLORING THE 'WHAT,' 'SO WHAT' AND 'NOW WHAT' OF HUSKER RESEARCH
- THE CANADIAN COW-CALF SURVEILLANCE NETWORKAnimal health, welfare, and antimicrobial resistance can have significant impacts on the economic, environmental, and social sustainability of the beef sector. Surveillance provides quantitative evidence that helps to understand how management practices and decisions on our beef operations impact animal health and welfare and helps prioritize checkoff research investments. Understanding the extent to which producers […]
- What Are Real Beef Producers Up to on Their Farms? Updating Cow-Calf Management Benchmarks Across CanadaThe Beef Cattle Research Council (BCRC) is asking cow-calf producers to share insight into their on-farm management practices and production methods. The 2023 Canadian Cow-Calf Survey is an online questionnaire that will collect data to help understand trends in production practices and efficiencies over time. The BCRC is an industry-funded council comprised of beef producers […]
- New York State Announces $4.25 Million Awarded to More Than two Dozen Businesses to Expand Meat Processing StatewideThe New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets and the Hudson Valley AgriBusiness Development Corporation (HVADC) today announced that HVADC has awarded $4.25 million to 26 projects in 19 counties across the state through the Meat Processing Expansion Grant Program.