If you’re looking to create a positive and welcoming environment in your hotel or office environment, a hotel coffee machine or commercial coffee maker is one of the best–and simplest–choices you can make. Coffee systems for work environments can do a lot to spur productivity and increase employee satisfaction. Here are just a few reasons that a hotel coffee machine would be a great idea.
- The caffeine in coffee makes your employees more productive. Polls show that 46% of workers in America say that coffee helps them to stay productive. Studies done by the FDA show that the caffeine in your coffee gets absorbed and circulated through the body about 30 minutes to 60 minutes after being drunk. As it does, it enhances energy levels in the brain, produces better cognitive performances, and improves both concentration and memory. Other studies have shown that 200mg of caffeine helps a person to identify words faster than they could do without the caffeine.
- Breaks for coffee make your employees more productive, too. These days there are a variety of apps that can track your productivity. One of them, Desktime, found that the most productive workers tend to work for about 52 minutes and then take a 17-minute break. While it might seem counterintuitive, that stop at the hotel coffee machine or break to savor some tea can actually help everyone work more efficiently.
- Coffee is one of the most inexpensive ways to keep your staff happy. A hotel coffee machine isn’t a big expense, but the results you get from it can be huge. A study done by the Harvard School of Public Health has found that women drinking at least four cups of coffee a day were about 20% less likely to be depressed. On a simpler note, just getting such a machine and making coffee available to your staff throughout the day can help them feel appreciated. People who feel their work is valued work harder and more productively.
- Coffee is good for everyone’s health. Just one cup of coffee provides nearly two grams of fiber, and studies have shown that moderate consumption offers a 26% drop in the risk of developing colorectal cancer. These are just some of the health benefits we’re discovering about coffee drinking, in addition to the boost it gives us at work.
- You keep people at the workplace. Whether you’re talking about staff at the hotel coffee machine area or personnel in the office, it’s a lot better to have them taking their break there rather than running down to the nearest coffee shop to do it. If there’s no coffee to be had, they will go: and they’ll resent the hit their wallets take for it, too. If the coffee you provide is substandard, they’ll go: and you’ll have wasted your money on the coffee you did buy. Providing good coffee for your staff is a great way to provide them with an affordable break while still keeping them near the office.
There are lots of good reasons to make sure your workplace–whatever it is–has good coffee for all your staff. Show them you care, keep them nearby, save them money, and do some good for their health and your own productivity: all with coffee!