- Spring Control of Winter Weeds in Hay And PastureNow is the time to scout hay and pasture fields for the presence of winter annual and biennial weeds, especially those that are poisonous to livestock such as cressleaf groundsel
- Spring Pasture Management Impacts Overall ProductionYes, it’s getting to be that time of year — new spring green growth! The cows start complaining about eating hay and bellowing when they hear my voice or even just see me.
- A Mineral Program is Key to Successful GrazingThe grass is getting greener by the day and the grazing season is within sight. In previous editions of this column my colleagues have covered a variety of topics to consider before turning livestock out to pasture this spring.
- NCBA Delivers Preserving Family Farms Act: A Permanent Solution to a Generational IssueThe Preserving Family Farms Act of 2021 was introduced by U.S. Representatives Jimmy Panetta (CA-20) and Jackie Walorski (IN-2).
- Reproductive Management of Cow Herd During Drought is VitalProducers must think about how to manage during a drought to keep the most productive and valuable cows in the herd.