- Cattle Marketing Expected To Pick Up As Producers Cull Herds To Deal With Feed ShortagesThis year's drought is having a widespread impact on farmers and ranchers from British Columbia to Ontario. This week, provincial cattle organizations took part in the Canadian Cattlemen's Association Town Hall Meeting to give a perspective on the impact of the wildfire and drought situation in their areas. Kevin Boon, General Manager for the BC […]
- Poisonous Plants on Rangelands: Larkspur and PoisonvetchIn the second article of the Poisonous Plants on Rangelands series, larkspurs and poisonvetches will be discussed. Larkspurs are the second leading cause for all livestock deaths from toxic plant poisoning.
- International Beef Trade UpdateUSDA ERS released the estimates for beef trade during the month of May on July 6th. The export data show a sharp increase as compared to the pandemic-disrupted levels from a year ago.
- Patience Required for Prairie-Modeled PastureIf I were to make a playlist for establishing native warm-season pastures, these songs would be on it:
- Manitoba Beef Producers Answers Drought QuestionsManitoba Beef Producers (MBP) held an information session for producers Tuesday, to answer questions about the drought situation. President Tyler Fulton said they had about 100 people on the call at its peak. "From a short term perspective, we've been exclusively focused on creating a situation where there's as much winter feed that's produced as […]