- Funding For Saskatchewan's Livestock & Forage Related Research Has Been AnnouncedA total of $5.1 million in Federal-Provincial funding was announced yesterday during the Saskatchewan Beef Industry Conference. The money will be allocated through the Agricultural Development Fund for 28 livestock and forage related research projects. Agriculture Minister David Marit says these investments in research will ensure Saskatchewan continues to set the standard when it comes […]
- The Canadian Beef Information Gateway Provides Consumers With More Information On Buying BeefWith COVID people are spending more time in the kitchen and are looking for more information on the food they eat. Michael Young, President of Canada Beef, says since COVID people have been using QR codes for a variety of things including restaurant menus. With that in mind, they launched a survey to gauge consumer […]
- U.S. Corn Saves Hungry Canadian Cows After Drought Scorches FeedCanada buys the most U.S. grain in decades, tightening reserves
- GRAPHIC: Large Family Farms Produced Most Beef, Hogs And Dairy In 2020Large family farms — ones bringing in more than $1 million a year — produce most of the cattle and hogs in the country, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture data.
- Keeping Livestock Healthy During A Texas WinterTexas winters are infamously fickle. Each year, weather conditions range from mild temperatures with high humidity to record-setting rain, sleet and sometimes snow. Sometimes, Texas livestock experience all of these weather conditions within the same week, presenting them with health challenges.