- Know the Signs of EHD in LivestockInsect vector transmitted diseases can cause severe disease in wildlife and in some instances domestic livestock.
- Live cattle imports and cattle slaughter both higher2021 live U.S. cattle imports continue at a record pace, supporting plant capacity and increased beef production. Cattle imports 'Cattle imports have been increasing annually since 2015 when only 32,172 head were imported to Canada and a mere 399 head were received in Alberta,’ says Jason Wood, provincial livestock market analyst with Alberta Agriculture and […]
- Fertilization Management of Cool-Season ForagesNow is the time to begin planting your cool-season annuals. How you manage the soil fertility depends upon the soil type and fertility, which plant species you choose, and whether it will be utilized for grazing, silage, or as a cover crop.
- Grazing Corn Residue Can Be an Economical Winter Feed Source for CowsPart of the winter feed expense equation is deciding whether standing forage can be grazed, or hay must be fed. In dry years, winter grazing may be reduced or unavailable, and the value of what is available can increase.
- Manitoba Beef Producers Fall District Meetings Start This WeekManitoba Beef Producers fall district meetings start Tuesday, October 19th and wrap up on November 9th. There will be two virtual meetings for producers in odd-numbered districts and seven in-person meetings for producers in even-numbered districts.