There are lots of funs ways to celebrate turning 21, but not all of them can compete with the casual setting and relaxed atmosphere of spending a night at a craft beer restaurant with your friends and family. Whether you want to sample the local offerings with a flight of beers or you want to send your guests home with a six bottled assortment of the local good craft beers, you can find plenty of ways to commemorate one of the most fun birthdays of your life.
Many of the best craft beer restaurants often pride themselves on pairing their most popular craft beers with menu items that allow you spend a long, full evening celebrating.
Depending on where you live, there are a number of places that are known for the wide array of craft beers that they offer. Often, these places are in fun areas of a downtown that has been refurbished with a great mix of new places for dinner and local watering holes as well.
The Craft Beer Market Plays a Significant Role in the Economy of Many Downtown Areas
Not everyone needs to eat at a fancy, expensive restaurant when it comes to spending a night on the town. In fact, there are a growing number of people, and entire families, who would much rather spend an evening at local historic eateries exploring the cuisine of the area.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the craft beer industry and the impact it is having on the economy of many nations:
- U.S. beer refrigeration equipment and draught dispensing systems are designed to hold beer at temperatures between 34 and 38 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 41% of U.S. drinkers reported they typically drink beer in a study from 2014; another 31% said wine, and 23% liquor.
- Discovery of new beers is popular with 93% of imported beer drinkers; 88% of domestic consumers; and 84% of craft beer fans.
- Most craft beers range from five to 10% alcohol by volume (ABV).
- Compared to 41% of all adults, 48% of 18 to 34 year-olds chose beer as their favorite alcoholic beverage in a study from 2014.
- 84% of craft beer consumers like to choose their beer depending on the season.
Whether you are celebrating turning the legal drinking age or you are just looking for a fun night on the town with family members who are visiting, a local craft brewery might be the perfect spot.