- Manitoba dairy producers give back through Manitoba HarvestThe Manitoba Dairy Conference continues in Winnipeg. David Wiens, Chair of the Dairy Farmers of Manitoba says with rising feed costs and the drought it's been a rough couple of years for producers. He notes despite that it's important to recognize how dairy producers have given back to communities through Manitoba Harvest.
- SWOT Analysis for Your Ranch (And Don’t Forget About Yourself)Remember, there are no set guidelines for completing a SWOT analysis – it serves as one starting place for looking at your operation holistically. Completing a SWOT analysis allows you to evaluate the current position of your operation and decide on management strategies that will help you achieve your goals for next year. Doing this […]
- NCBA Pleased with Changes in Cattle Contract Library Final RuleToday, the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA) welcomed the release of a final rule from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to stand up the Cattle Contract Library Pilot Program. This program was authorized following NCBA’s engagement with Congress on the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2022.
- October Pork Exports Largest in 16 Months; Beef Exports Already Top $10 BillionOctober exports of U.S. pork were the largest in more than a year and beef export volume also increased from a year ago, according to data released by USDA and compiled by USMEF.
- Innovative Bovine-Herd Research Boosts Understanding Of Female InfertilityInnovative research by University of Nebraska–Lincoln scientists studying the reproductive biology of cows offers significant long-term potential to address infertility challenges for women.