- Marketing Considerations During the Breeding SeasonThe Ohio Cattlemen’s Association (OCA) is announcing an event of potential interest for both the buyers and sellers of beef breeding cattle. On Friday evening, November 24, the OCA will be hosting their fifth annual Replacement Female Sale. The sale will be held at the Muskingum Livestock facility in Zanesville and will begin at 6:00 […]
- Texas Flooding Causes Cattle LossesBen Weinheimer, president and CEO of the Texas Cattle Feeders Association, told DTN producers in the Hereford area as of Wednesday were unsure about the extent of the livestock losses.
- Meat Prices Up, Down as Grilling Season Kicks Off“It looks like we should be able to find some deals on chicken and pork for cookouts, but retail beef prices continue to stay high on most cuts. Even ground beef for hamburgers is a little higher this year compared to this time last year.”
- Does Beef Supply Impact Consumer Demand?Consumers proved they were willing to purchase more beef at higher prices, which is a clear indication of stronger demand.
- Cattle Raisers Applaud Texas Legislature for Passage of Strengthened Right to Farm Provisions for Rural TexasThis legislation provides protections that allow agricultural operations to continue and grow, while simultaneously ensuring the food security of Texas.