- Mixing feeds an important tool for feeding cattleCattle feeding seems simple enough, but mixing different forages and ensuring they're getting proper nutrition can turn complicated quickly. To that end, processing the feed is considered an important part of maintaining a healthy herd. That can be as simple as throwing that feed into a tub grinder or bale shredder, both of which mix […]
- Expanded Meat and Poultry Processing Resources Available to S.D. Livestock Producers and Meat ProcessorsFlower Hill Institute, an Indigenous-led nonprofit based in New Mexico, is serving as the overall coordinator for the network and is working closely with AMS and the technical assistance providers to connect meat and poultry processors, USDA grant applicants and grant-funded project managers to the resources and expertise best-suited to support a project’s needs.
- Zoetis Receives Expanded Labels For Beef Implant ProductsZoetis announced today it has received expanded label approval from the Food and Drug Administration’s Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM) on three beef implant products. Synovex Choice® is the foundation of new reimplant labels that are now available to feedlot operations, which also include Synovex Plus® and Synovex® One Feedlot.
- How The Climate Deal Could Help Farmers Aid The EnvironmentThe climate deal reached last week by Senate Democrats could reduce the amount of greenhouse gases that American farmers produce by expanding programs that help accumulate carbon in soil, fund climate-focused research and lower the abundant methane emissions that come from cows.
- “Beef Innovation” is new name of Nebraska Integrated Beef Systems HubAn interdisciplinary effort to bring together University of Nebraska-Lincoln faculty, staff and students working to improve the efficiency, resilience and profitability of beef production has a new name.